Monday, December 10, 2012

A Primitive Christmas

it's my A Primitive Christmas Day blog post day......in true "cheri" fashion in will be basic, elementary & original......as some of you know i've been vacationing in Hawaii for the past week and true to who i am was stitching the last stitches before bed, dunked them in tea, laid them out to dry while gone, vacationed, had a wonderful time, picked up a tree on our way home from airport yesterday, hung them & now my tree is decorated......








[image_2

mine were made from wool...... simply cut out stocking shape, stitched designs to stocking front, added buttons & rusty bells, stitched back to front tacking in a strip of wool for hanger, using a primitive overcast stitch......
primitive candy canes are just a red & white pipe cleaners twisted together and tea dyed......

here's a couple of pictures of my recent decorating purchases of primitive Santas and thrift store finds, that will be used in decorating my home after i play with Lucy, fill orders, clean my house, do laundry, etc. ahhhh....the pleasures of returning home after spending a week in paradise......




cookies...... well really candy
made this so easy Christmas Bark to share......




now in staying true to who i am, there will be a post below which will have the PDF file with stocking template pieces and candy recipe.......because you already know these are the types of computer knowledge necessary tasks that i'm not equipped to do on my own and insert where necessary in this post......so when done enjoying the pictures, go down to the post to enjoying some stitching & baking time......

Happy Holidays to all........

posted from Bloggeroid

17 comments:

marie said...

LOL---glad someone else has the same computer (maybe I have less) than me. Love your ornaments, but then love everything you make. Thank you.

Beckyjean said...

Your wool stockings are wonderful Cheri!! I can't wait to make some for myself. I'll also be making that fantastic looking candy...so simple, but yet so festive.

Hope you had a fabulous vacation.

Becky

Kathy B. said...

I've been anxiously awaiting your post (love your creativity!) I'll be patient and wait a bit longer until Greg has a chance to reload the file. I know the snowman will be a favorite! Thanks for the great design and ever so yummy recipe. Hope you enjoyed your vacation - Mele Kalikimaka!

Robin Leuschen said...

Are you selling a pattern of these lovelies ?? so primitive and perfect !!!
Robin

Karen in Breezy Point said...

Cute! I'm anxious to get the stocking PDF--they are adorable! The bark sounds good too and even better: easy!

Anonymous said...

I love these! Is there a recipe to rust the bells? Or do I have to buy them pre-rusted?

Robyn said...

Thank you! And I'm so jealous you got to go to Hawaii!!!

Lori said...

Such sweet stockings and right down my alley!! I have no idea how to do a PDF, but I wish I did:)

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wonderful little stockings!
Robyn

Lesley said...

Welcome back! You have some great ideas here! Well done!

WoolenSails said...

I hope you took photos of your trip to share with us. Love those stockings, fun and easy to do up.

Debbie

The Wooden Acorn said...

Welcome back home Cheri. Oh..Hawaii, your well-deserved vacation. I hope you are rested and ready for all of your holiday "doings".

Your wool stockings are simply sweet and simply adorable. Thanks for taking the time to share your talents with us. I always love your ways.

I have the very same computer skills. Just the basic ones to get through....thank goodness for helpful, patient husbands.

I bet Lucy missed you while gone. Happy Holidays Cheri....thanks for your wonderful blog year round.

Valerie

Liza S. said...

Thank you for sharing your sweet dessert and the beautiful stockings. It's always so hard to re-enter reality after a week in paradise. Merry Christmas!

LJ said...

The style of your stockings is exactly what my daughter would love. Thanks for the ideas.

Miss Stacy said...

Stop the madness!!! These are just tooo darn cute!!!! Nice job girlie!!! LOVE it ALL! :) Stacy

Stina Blomgren said...

Love it Cheri...:0)
Don't think blogger accept pdf files within the blog...but you can use google docs to upload a pdf file... But I haven't tried myself...so my advise might not be good at all....lol..
But I know lots use google docs...:0)
Must investigate...
Happy holidays to you...hope you had a wonderful time on Hawaii..and thanks for the pattern!!!:0)

Bridgidk said...

These are sooo cute!!! And the recipe sounds like something I may have to make and hide from my family. LOL!!!! Thank You!!!!